It’s a design choice that we see many of our clients toying between because a matter of millimetres can have a significant effect on the overall design finish of shutters...slat size.
Just like goldilocks came across three bowls of porridge to find the perfect choice, we have three main slat sizes to choose from when it comes to your shutters. Not quite ‘too hot’ or ‘too cold’, but there is an ideal option for everyone when it comes to shutter slats and finding your ideal size can ensure you are getting the perfect set of shutters for you.
64mm – Classic
The 64mm slat is the most traditional of our standard slat sizes and creates a more classic finish to shutter panels when selected.
The smallest of the three standard sizes, 64mm slats are commonly paired with a tilt rod to embody this more traditional shutter style. Those looking to really go traditional will likely choose to have lots of smaller panels installed to the window too. Metallic hinges will also provide this classic shutter style as colour matching hinges and fixings is a relatively modern design choice for shutters.
76mm – In vogue
The middle of our standard shutter slat size range is the 76mm 'in vogue' choice. This mid-range choice ensures a brilliant combination of the visuals of a slightly larger slat size with the improved privacy of having more slats in a panel, gaps between the slats are smaller when opened than the 89mm so less of the room is visible when letting light through into the space.
76mm is gradually becoming the most popular choice amongst clients because many find that the middle ground it provides between the other sizes gives it somewhat of a 'best of both worlds' style.
- Material(s):Hardwood ShuttersPearlwood ShuttersSecurity ShuttersCraftwood MDF ShuttersWaterproof ShuttersAll Wood ShuttersUltra ShuttersSilkwood Shutters
- Style(s):Full HeightCafé StyleTier on TierSolid PanelsOdd Shaped
- Room(s):Living roomBedroomBathroomKitchenDining roomOfficeConservatory
- Range(s):Classic (64mm)In Vogue (76mm)Modern (89mm)
- Tilt rod style(s):Traditional (centred)Traditional (offset)Contemporary (hidden)
- Finish(es):White & off-white