Silkwood shutters are well-known for their smooth finish, wide window coverage and abundant availability of colours. Silkwood material uses an MDF shutter and fixing frame, additionally with painted ABS louvres. The lightness of this material means that Silkwood is ideal for wider window, eliminating risk of warping, twisting or sagging over time.
Commonly used in wide windows and doorways, Silkwood can be finished to a wider spectrum of our in-house colours. Coated in a paintable polypropylene sleeve which is very hardwearing and helps to protect the shutter from changes in temperature.
Silkwood suits a wide range of room types, more cost effective then the full wood materials but availabile wider range of colours.
- Resembles the finish of a hardwood shutter.
- Produced from sustainable materials.
- Manufactured with minimal energy requirements.
- Comes in 23 contemporary finishes.
- Offers a custom colour option (a surcharge may apply).