+ What is the most popular style of shutter for a bay window?
- Full Height Shutters with a divider rail is the most popular style for bay windows as it covers the whole window whilst still allowing light to shine through which can be controlled by independent movement of top and bottom slats as well as stopping passers-by or opposite neighbours on all floors being able to see into your home.
+ What is the most popular room to have bay window shutters in?
- Whilst they can be used in all spaces, we would normally recommend bay window shutters for living rooms and bedrooms where privacy and keeping as much light out as possible in paramount.
+ What’s the most popular material for bay window shutters?
- The two most popular materials for bay windows are Hardwood shutters and MDF shutters as they combine unmatched build quality and specification as well as being sensitively priced.
+ What are custom bay posts? Why would I need them?
- Custom bay posts are posts that sit in the angles of the bay window to allow a seamless transition from shutter to shutter rather than having multiple single shutters per window which can look boxy and disjointed. Not all bay windows require these bay posts, but we can establish whether they are needed at a home or virtual measure appointment upon seeing the window.
+ I have café style shutters on my bay window and want to add a top tier, is this possible?
- The short answer is yes, and we are always happy to help in any way we can but there are a couple of things you may need to consider. To turn café style shutters into a two-tiered shutter the whole frame needs replacing which we can certainly arrange provided we supplied the original shutters. Whilst it may be tempting to opt for café style shutters initially, if you think you may want to add the second tier at some point in the future we would always recommend choosing this option from the offset as it’s more expensive in the long run to add this second tier. The final decision is always down to your preferences though and we’re here to help in any way we can.
Very good. Fantastic quality and fit. Very prof. Also arrived a few weeks earlier then quoted. Will buy for the next home also.
I love my new blinds. They are high quality, look beautiful and were at the most competitive price. The fitters were also very polite and efficient.
Plantation shutters visited my flat 20 January 2022 to measure, discuss slat size and material, and give me a free estimate which I was happy with.