One of the questions we often get asked is ‘how much light do shutters block out?
The answer (annoyingly!) is: it’s hard to say! We can offer a variety of solutions to assist in light control:
The main options are:
• Near blackout effect - there may be light existing between the blind and the fixing frame
• Choose a wider slat/louver size
• Choosing a full height over a tier on tier design
• Choosing a rebated a stile (overlapping in the middle)
• Choosing a certain framing option that works with your windows to decrease light
We have found that these solutions have had a tremendously positive impact on answering the light question. These solutions don't compromise on style, but they allow you to control the light in your room.
For all those that want to go the extra mile to ensure maximum light reductions, we invite you towards the room darkening blind. Sitting between the window and the shutters, incorporated in the same frame as the shutter, the room darkening blind is a simple and stylish double layered honeycomb blind that can answer your prayers and help to achieve the blackout effect.
This highly technical option we offer works by using two compartments in the framing when you order shutters; one for the shutter and the other for the blind. This gives a sleek finish without any clumsy and bulky divided sections and deliver a highly practical edge! Giving your shutters a near blackout answer with the addition of the blind, while still enjoying the beauty of shutters across your window in the daytime.
The best thing about adding room darkening blinds is that they use a simple drawstring to control and furthermore when you aren’t looking to darken the room, they are tucked away behind the top rail of the shutter panel, so you can’t see any indication that they are stored up there!
More advantages include:
• Reducing noise pollution
• Increased insulation
• The closest blackout solution you can get with shutters
• Can be added easily to a quote!
• Minimal and framing that incorporates the blinds with shutters
• 1 Year Warranty on all blinds
• Wide range of colours
Adding room darkening blinds are an additional cost to add to your shutters, as it uses a snazzy frame is used alongside the blind itself. If you would like an idea of costing for adding room darkening blinds to your quote, or would like to find out more about how they work, please don't hesitate to get in contact by calling us on 020 8871 9222 or email us your enquiries.